The Wise Penny is a thrift store owned and operated by the Junior League of Baltimore. The shop provides quality new and “gently used” clothing and household items at affordable prices. Proceeds are used for funding community projects. Since opening in 1970, The Wise Penny has raised over $2.5 million to support the Junior League and its programs.
The Wise Penny was awarded Best Designer Thrift Store 2012 & Best Shop for Bargain Hunters 2016 by the City Paper! Shop with us today and score your own fabulous find!
Wise Penny Sale Calendar
- February 22 – Treasures & Trinkets Preview Party
- February 23 & 24 – Treasures & Trinkets Sale
- March 29 – Better Dress Preview Party
- March 30 & 31 – Better Dress Sale
- April 27 & 28 – Dollar Sale
Wise Penny Discounts
- Current students, seniors over age 55, and active or retired military personnel receive 20% off of regularly priced Wise Penny items on Tuesdays. Must show current identification.
- Every Thursday, all customers receive 20% off entire purchase from 5:00 to 7:00 p.m.
Please note discounts cannot be combined with other offers and do not apply to previously reduced items or our Boutique Items.
DONATIONS ACCEPTED DURING ALL BUSINESS HOURS
Click here for a list of what we can and cannot accept
5902 York Road, Baltimore, MD 21212
(Next door to the Senator Theatre)